Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our New Years Dinner with the Kiddos

Yummy lettuce wraps.

Our favorite restaurant!

The kids are happy to be having such a treat:)


Mom and her boys. Why does Kyle pull faces in EVERY picture??????
Bill and I started a new tradition last year now that the kids are older and well bahved. The first Monday night of the year we take them to a nice dinner for Family Home Evening. We plan our family goals for the year and have them practice manners and just enjoy each other. We went to P.F. Changs last year and the kids chowed! They LOVED it! We were thinking of trying a hibachi grill this year, but the timing didn't work out with our schedule and the kids really wanted P.F. Changs again...so that's where we ended up. Our list of family goals in 2010 includes:
*Having family scripture study more regularly
*Going camping this summer
*Take turns being charge of Family Home Evenings
*Have a more peaceful home by: being selfless and working together.
*Review the goals to make sure that we are acheiving them
Hopefully we can stick to our goals this year. They are pretty attainable so I think we will be successful:) I love this new tradition and it makes wonderful memories for us each year. After posting these pix...I'm suddenly craving lettuce wraps! YUM!!!!



3 comments:

smoore said...

I think your family is amazing! You are such an awesome mom! I love stalking my favorite roomie's family :) haha! I hope I get to come out and visit y'all soon!

Shannon said...

Looks yummy! What a great idea, I may have to steal it!

Alanna said...

The food looks yummy and you all look great. What a neat tradition you've started. Miss you!