Wednesday, June 2, 2010

American Girl

A brand new (and much awaited for) American Girl Doll store opened in Denver in March. My girlfriend and I decided to surprise our girls and pull them out of school for a very special girls day out. Brynlee and Kaydra are BFF's and had been fantasizing about getting a REAL American Girl Doll (no more knock off's please mom!). The four of us spent the day in Denver and had a good time...except for the fact that there must have been a thousand other mom's who had the same idea that day! LOL! We were definately fighting some American Girl crowds. But in the end the girls each got a dolly that looks like them and will have a lifetime to dress, accessorize and play with them! Brynlee ended up with "Julie" for those of you who are familiar with the American Girls. She has long blonde hair and is the girl who represents the 70's. She's a hippie all right (her daddy just LOVED that! Ha ha!). I hope the girls remember that we did this special thing for them and I know they had a great day!

This is the video of us telling them what was going on. They got up and ready for school that morning but instead of going in the direction of school, I stopped the car in front of her bestie's house. Poor Bryn had no clue what was going on! The video is a little funny...I think they were just super caught off guard by it all! Maybe Amber and I were just more excited than they were to begin with. Either way...it turned out to be a blast!!!

P.S. I was VERY disappointed (but not surprised) to find that the "American Girl Doll" is made in China. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Alanna said...

How sweet of you all. Sounds like a fabulous girly day.

Steph said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! I am telling you, that's a girl after my own heart.. I've got two of them myself! And oodles of clothes.. Someday we'll have to play!

Toni said...

WHAT?! She's not made in the USA?! Lame. That video is super cute, and that was a sweet idea to take them down there.